Finished Size: 8” circumference
Pattern Level: Easy
- 2 yd 28g artistic wire
- 6 5-mm rice pearl beads
- 5 5-mm gemstone beads
- 1 metal toggle clasp
- Size C-2 (2.75 mm) crochet hook
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Fold wire in half to create one 1-yd length of wire that is double-thick.
2. Thread beads onto the double-thick wire in the following pattern: 1 gemstone, *1 pearl, 1 gemstone, 2 pearls, 1 gemstone; repeat from *.
3. Carefully make a slipknot with the wire, leaving a 3-inch tail. Tighten the slipknot onto your crochet hook.
4. Ch 3.
5. Slide 1 bead up to the crochet hook and ch over it. The pearl should now be “caught” in the ch stitch. This is called a beaded ch stitch.
6. Work 3 non-beaded ch stitches.
7. Repeat Steps 6 & 7 until all beads are incorporated. Finish off, leaving a 3-inch tail.
8. Grasp the bracelet at either end and pull firmly in opposite directions to flatten the wire stitches. This will give the bracelet a neater appearance.
9. Using the needle nose pliers, thread the beg 3-inch tail through the T-piece of the toggle clasp, sliding the T-piece up to the first chain stitch. Wrap the tail around the base of the T-piece at least 3 times to secure it into place. Trim the excess with wire cutters. Repeat for ending 3-inch tail and O-piece.
- beg (beginning)
- ch (chain)
- g (gauge)
- mm (millimeter)