Yarn is Not a Cat Toy
It’s important for all crocheters to know how to keep their kitties safe around their craft. Here are my tips on how to do so.
- Never let Kitty play with yarn unsupervised, and especially don’t let her eat it.
- Never leave yarn lying around where Kitty can get into it while home alone.
- If you like to crochet toys or other things for your kitty, make sure all loose ends are woven in and well secured.
- If you know your kitty has an affinity for eating yarn and string, crocheted gifts may not be the best things for her.
- If your kitty starts vomiting or stops eating and you suspect she has eaten some yarn, get her to the vet right away!
- If you notice yarn protruding from your kitty’s rectum, don’t pull it! You can cause internal damage. Again, get her to the vet right away.